ACDT-20 (ETU-63A manufacturer's number) Digital Timer Programming (up to 8 daily cycles with programmable seconds duration)
1 First, insert timer in outlet to charge timer’s internal battery for at least 1 hour before use.
2 Push the small recessed “reset” switch then press and hold the “clock” button and press the “week” button to set day of week.
3 Push the “hour” button repeatedly until you have the correct hour, push “min” button for minute and “sec” for seconds.
4 Release the “clock” button and time should be set.
To program same feed cycle(s) at the same daily time(s) all 7 days of the week, all year long:
1 Push the “PROG” button once and you should see a “1” (first feed cycle) and “ON” in the window along with “OFF” to the right.
2 Push the “WEEK” button once and you should have all 7 cursors at the top of the window under all 7 days of the week if wanting to feed at that same time all days of the week. Select individual days or group of days if not wanting all 7 days.
3 Push “HOUR” “MIN” and “SEC” button until you have set the desired “ON” time in the window you want your first feed cycle to occur. You will later be programming the “OFF” time the same way below.
4 Push the “PROG” button once more and you should see a “1” (still first feed cycle) and “OFF” in the window along with “OFF” to the right.
5 Repeat steps 2 and 3 to program “OFF” time 2 minutes later than the “ON” time you previously selected in step 3. Example: 5:00 “ON” and 5:02 “OFF” with timer in 24-hr format. This will be your first morning feed cycle. Do the same thing for all additional feed cycles.
6 Repeat above sequence for additional feed cycles up to 8 times per day making sure that you have at least 2 minutes of “OFF” time between subsequent programmed feed times. Example: You may feed twice in as little time span as 5 minutes. We recommend feeding small portions several times per day. When the timer is plugged in, a green light stays on. When the timer turns on, a red light comes on.
NOTE: To void a program, select programmed on and off times of a programmed cycle you want to delete, and push index finger button to show dash lines in place of time.
7 When done, push the clock button and then cycle the index finger pointer button (lower right button) until you have selected “AUTO” and “OFF” (NOT “ON” OR "ON- AUTO!!”) in the display for automatic mode. Note: You may turn on your feeder manually by pushing the “INDEX FINGER” button until you have only “ON” in the window, but make sure you return it to “AUTO” and “OFF” mode for automatic operation with no blue or green power light in the feeder. For additional information, review the timer’s instruction manual you received with the timer. REMEMBER, YOU MUST NOT HAVE A BLUE LIGHT IN FEEDER WHEN IN AUTO-OFF MODE WHICH IS NORMAL AUTOMATIC MODE! THE FEEDER WILL NOT BE POWERED MOST OF THE TIME.
To change from 24hr clock to AM-PM, push the MIN and SEC buttons at same time. To change to random (RND), push the WEEK and HOUR buttons at same time. To change to daylight time (+1H), push the HOUR and MIN buttons at same time.
How to use the Super Feeder® ACDT-20 digital timer to control portion size in seconds by overriding the feeder’s system:
1. Set the feed adjustment dial in the feeder to maximum clockwise setting (approximately 70 seconds max. even though you can keep spinning controller clockwise).
2. Program timer as per steps 1 thru 5 above, except that, as an example, you would set 5:00 “ON” time and 5:00:15 “OFF” time. This setting will make the feeder run for only 15 seconds for that program. Using this technique, you could vary portion size of meals at different programmed times of day or particular week days with this timer or other timer or control device having seconds available under the maximum time set at the feeder's portion timing controller panel. This Super Feeder digital timer can trigger your Super Feeder up to 8 times per day or group of days of the week. You may of course set the feeder to let's say 1/4 cup twice a day for "main" meals with the feeder controller set around 15 seconds of run time, then you could add two "snacks" between those cycles with the timer programmed at let's say 5 seconds for a just few kibbles. If you would like a timer for up to 20 daily cycles (no seconds available), you may purchase the ACDT-19 timer.
Other information you may find helpful: Video for programming and other info.
1. To change from AM to PM format, push the "MIN" and "SEC" buttons at the same time.
2. To change to Daylight Savings Time push "HOUR" and "MIN" buttons at the same time.
3. To change to "RANDOM" for random "on" and "off" cycle, push "WEEK" and "HOUR" button at same time. DO NOT use this mode with feeder unless it is your intent to feed at random times of day. A little rdm icon will show at the top right hand corner of the display.
4. To delete a program, select the program you want to delete in the display by pushing the "PROG" button, then push the lower right button with index finger pointer. To delete a feed cycle, be sure to delete both the on and off programmed times for each on-off program number you want to delete. You must only have dash lines -- : -- and no numbers remaining for unused feed cycles! If you do, your timer may miss some cycles.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH A TIMER SUPPLIED BY US TO USE WITH YOUR SUPER FEEDER, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THAT TIMER PENDING RESOLUTION OF YOUR PROBLEM, YOU MAY USE ANY OTHER TIMER AVAILABLE LOCALLY TO OPERATE YOUR SUPER FEEDER.